(Click on the images to read what they were used for!)
1. These Preserved Pigeon Cases (1550–1479 B.C.)
2. Using this for water
Water would take on the magical significance of the hieroglyphs. We wonder if they have a paper-cup version.
3. This wine container (early 5th century BC, China)
4. This Chafing Dish (North America, 1725)
Well, it looks nicer than a microwave.
5. When you need to hang a pot in the fireplace (America, 16oos)
6. AKA tupperware (Marquesas Islands, late 18th–early 19th century)
The text is engraved horizontally. More useful than just reading the newspaper.
8. Yet another gadget for hot chocolate
This steering stick for hot chocolate has a long history in central America. And by the way, Alton Brown also has one.